Sunday, May 8, 2005

Curled up on bed …

… typing on the laptop. The screen has decided to stay on for now, so I’m going to take advantage of it while I can. The cat is curled up behind the screen, basking in the warm air flowing out of the back of this machine. She seems to be very content. I, on the other hand, would be an emotional mess, if I were not so exhausted.

Things are not good here at the moment. Cancer, I have decided, is evil. Heart disease is nasty, to be sure, but it’s not so insidious. Cancer has a personality and it’s sadistic. And I haven’t decided what’s worse – watching someone you love dying of cancer, or not being allowed to see someone you love, even just to say goodbye.

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day. This is gloomy enough reading for one night, so I’m not going to rant about why I hate Mother’s Day. I will, however, say that this year it seems like everyone and everything has jacked it all up a few notches. I feel like I’ve been gagging on it since Easter.

I’m going to go to sleep. Things always look better in the morning.

Goodnight.

No comments: