Friday, September 18, 2009

New Moon, New Beginning

Today I began something new. Each morning and evening, I will set aside some "quiet time" to focus on my devotions. Since discovering The Celtic Devotional way back in April, I have been meaning to make it a part of my daily life.

Well, today was Day One. Not only do I read the morning and evening devotions aloud, but I'm keeping a journal as well. Each morning, I write down the almanac details for the day (Celtic tree month, moon's phase, sign, and void of course, et cetera), and then during my "quiet time", I journal my responses to the meditation questions in the book. At the end of the day, I also write in three things for which I am grateful, and if there's room (and I have one I've found), I finish off the day's journal entry with a meaningful quotation.

Taking the time to focus on my spirituality is important to me. I am much happier when I feel connected with the Creator and the Earth. There is a reason they call it "grounded." I am certain that is why I feel so calm when I "talk" with the trees. Feeling their energy in my hands and feeling my energy channel through them deep down into the Earth is a sense of serenity I can barely describe. I need to do it more often.

Just like I need to make my devotions a daily habit. Here's hoping it sticks.

No comments: