Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This and That

Between the rain and the energy of the new moon, I'm feeling both restless and philosophical today. New moon should mean new beginnings -- it only comes once a month, so I need to take advantage of the opportunity while I have it!

So I'm going to try to post here more often. Starting today.

Last week I got to spend some quality time with one of my oldest and dearest friends. Because we hadn't seen each other in more than ten years, I decided to share my spirituality -- and this blog -- with her. Acceptance for who you are is one of the most beautiful gifts there is. Genuine interest is even more wonderful.

I'm working more with my Tarot cards, working on a notebook and generally just doing more practice. I don't think I've handled them this much since I first began reading them in university, and I've missed them. Since the night I was the entertainment for a local Red Hatter group, I've done readings for my sister and my friend, as well as multiple practice readings. It feels good -- becoming more natural all the time.

I think it's safe to say our Circle has disbanded. I was talking with Maiden last night via text message, and neither one of us has heard from Crone. I want to call her, to see how she's doing, but to be honest, I'm a little afraid to. I'm not sure of the reception I'd receive. The last time we were together, I really had a hard time reading her -- not something I'm used to -- and it was a little painful. Her heart attack changed her -- as it would anyone, I'm sure -- and I'm not sure who she is anymore. It's sad.

Although I feel lonely sometimes, I really think I'm just not meant to practice with others.

No comments: