Saturday, April 25, 2009

Focus.

Since picking up the Celtic Devotional book, I've decided to make it a part of my daily life, starting tomorrow. In the past few days, I've made up a little booklet of all of the almanac information to be filled in each day. Juggling all four almanacs/planners, plus converting moon void of courses tables to Atlantic time, was getting a little too hard on the head. And trying to input it all into my Palm was a tedious process.

So I made up this little calendar in order to keep track of it all. On Saturday evenings, I'll go through all four sources and prepare the week's information. That way I will have it all at hand. This "decluttering" will increase the chance I actively observe my spirituality on a daily basis one hundredfold.
It also allows me to plan ahead. Beltane starts at sundown this coming Thursday evening and continues until sunset on Friday evening. Well, the moon is void-of-course until about ten o'clock Thursday evening. I'm pretty sure that Crone won't want Maiden and me to be arriving at her house at that late hour, and, to be honest, I think I'd like to celebrate Beltane at home alone.

It has nothing to do with the fact that our Circle is a little fractured at the moment. It has more to do with the fact that I'm feeling very connected with the world around me right now. I want to cast my circle, call the quarters, and have a solitary ritual. I have never actually done any of this by myself before, and I'm feeling ready and eager to do so. The Full Moon is in two weeks, so I think I will ask Crone and Maiden if they'd like to get together then instead.

I've also been thinking that I might like to create some sacred space in my backyard. It would take some planning, work, and some time to fully become complete, but I'm really thinking of doing it. Planting two circles of hedges, one inner and one outer, each with an opening to enter, but at opposite ends to prevent visibility, with the centre being a space large enough to cast a circle. It would be a few years before it would be secluded enough that I wouldn't be seen by the houses on the hill overlooking my yard, but the sooner I begin it, the sooner it will be ready.

This project really excites me. I could gather small evergreens from wooded areas that are important to me and use them to form the hedges. I could plant them deiseal, as if casting a circle, beginning in the north.

The more I think about this, the more I like the idea.

No comments: