Sunday, April 12, 2009

And winter returns.

Although we are three weeks into spring, it's hard to tell by looking out the window. We are in the middle of a snowfall warning and everything outside is coated in a thin mixture of ice and snow. As my love points out to me, it won't last long, but it is still discouraging, nonetheless. I had hoped to begin looking for mayflowers before long.

I just went to check on my poor crocuses. I noticed on Friday that they were blooming, so I thought the least I could do would be to dust the snow off them. I've known them to come up through snow, so hopefully this last gasp of winter won't affect them.

To my Christian friends, a happy and joyous Easter. Enjoy the spirit of renewal and hope that this day means to you. I truly wish you well.

To my pagan friends, happy Sunday and Cheap-Bunny-Shaped-Chocolate-at-the-Stores Day! Try not to overindulge!

No comments: